Do you flip through the pages of Architectural Digest, swoon over the stunning rooms, and resign yourself to the notion that your home will never look that good?
You’re not alone.
We’ll be the first to tell you that there are thousands of hours, great lighting, and clever staging that go into designing an interior for a magazine shoot. Those setups aren’t necessarily well-suited for day-to-day living, either.
But your home can look beautifully put-together, and accommodate your lifestyle, with a little help from an interior designer. We know, it sounds like a huge undertaking befitting an HGTV show, but interior design is not as complicated (or expensive) as television can make it seem.
Before we get into the specifics of designing your dream interior, let’s go through a few questions so we can get to know you and your space.
- What type of surroundings make you happy?
- Do you respond to neat and organized or lots of accessories?
- Which is your favorite room in the house (or your least favorite)?
- Where do you feel most at home — in the city, the suburbs, the country, at the lake, or up in the mountains?
- How much time, energy, and money are you willing to spend right now on the style you want to achieve?
- How do the people who inspire you live — simply and quietly, surrounded by family, or traveling the world?
- Do you have a favorite piece of furniture or art or collectible that you can’t live without?
- If you could change one thing about the furnishings in your home, what would it be?
- Where would you take a dream vacation? Would you create a similar atmosphere at home?
- Does your decorating dream correspond to your lifestyle?
The way you answer these questions will help us get a sense of your personal style and your interior design preferences. You don’t have to write down your answers, but we encourage it!
When you’ve had a chance to think about what you want your home to look and feel like, contact us to arrange a consultation with our interior designers, and we’ll get started!